Since Adobe CS3 series, the software to create animated gif, Adobe ImageReady has been discontinued. and most of the core features has been included in Photoshop CS3 and Fireworks Cs3. Since then, animated gif can be easily created from Photoshop. But, if you try to open or edit an animated gif with the normal “Open” function, Photoshop will only open the first frame of the animation without any animated sequences, unless you using Fireworks.
Here, let me show you few easy steps to open or edit an animated gif using Photoshop CS4.
1. In Photoshop CS4, go to File > Import > Video Frames to Layers
2. The file browser pop up, you will notice that only movie type format allow to select using this function.
3. But don’t worry, go to the folder that where you save your animated gif, manually type in the filename of gif, in this case, i will type in “Sylar.gif“, then click “Load“.
4. And now you will see the importing options, on default, it will choose “Range To Import” to “From Beginning To End”, and “Make Frame Animation” has been ticked.
5. Done! You can see the animated gif open in Photoshop timeline!
Continue enjoy Photoshop and hope this article help! 🙂